The Archaeological Collection of Neapolis was created before World War II and within two years included around 1000 items, found mostly in the area of Mirambello and in other sites of the Prefecture. During the Italian rule, thanks to the efforts of Emm. Mavroeidis (then ektaktos curator of Antiquities) the Collection was protected in the underground of the Club. Today it is housed in a building ceded to the Ministry of Culture by the Ministry of Health and the Municipality. The Collection is temporarily closed to the public.
- Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Elounta (1937) - Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Hellenika (1937) - Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Dreros (1937) - Finds from the excavations of Emm. Mavroeidis at a Late Minoan tomb in Tourloti, near Seteia - Finds from the excavations of Emm. Mavroeidis at a Hellenistic tomb at Kalo Chorio (ancient Istrona) - Finds from the area of Mirambello, collected or given to the Ephorate - Antiquities collected by the Italian forces from Aghios Nikolaos (ancient Lato pros Kamara) and other areas of the Prefecture - Numismatic collection (coins given by citizens)
The Folklore Museum of Neapolis was established in 1979 under the sponsorship of the Cultural and Folklore Association of Upper Mirabello. The folklore collection has been based on donations, together with purchases by the Association. The exhibition rooms of the museum are each assigned to represent all the different aspects of traditional life. There are exhibits from religious life such as icons, wood carvings, from family life like cooking utensils, and sections of the house resemble the original kitchen, bedrooms and stables.
There are also exhibits from farming life such as tools and the traditional kazani, a water cauldron, and some nautical items. There is particular reference to the historical and social life, with exhibits from the Cretan police force, and through the depiction of a barber shop, the cafe neon, the old grocery shop and the greengrocers. Finally, special mention must be made about the area which houses the school of that time, which contains desks, children's exercise books, and the teacher's desk.