Chania International Airport "Kwstas Daskalogiannis"
The airport development started at 1954 and finished at 1958. However international flights started in year 1974 and their number has been increased rapidlty up to nowadays. In year 1996 the new bulding that exists today, was finished in a new area of nearly 17.000 square metres. The facilities of the airport are updated according to international rules, including Civil Aviation Authority Offices (Administration, Airport Authority, Tower, Maintenance etc.), Information Desk, Travel Value & Duty Free Shops, Airline Companies and Tourist offices, Medical Office, Rent a Car, Caffee-Bar, gift and souvenir shops, police office, bank ATM and parking area.